Founded On A Tradition Of Excellence
Filer Insurance was founded as an insurance and mortgage brokerage business in 1919, by pioneer Miamian, Henry H. Filer.
As an education advocate elected to the Dade County School Board for 16 consecutive terms, 12 of them as chairman, he was honored by the renaming of West Hialeah Junior High to Henry H. Filer Junior High in 1956.
His nephew, Wm. Cleare Filer, assumed operation of the insurance agency in 1950, and provided three decades of leadership. Cleare's son, Joseph C. Filer, joined the insurance agency in 1975, and has spearheaded additional growth and the modernization of the Miami insurance agency.
Originally located in Downtown Miami, the agency is currently in its own building in the suburban Kendall-Pinecrest area of Miami-Dade County. We have continued to provide the very best in personal service for Auto and Home Insurance in Miami, as well as Business Insurance in South Florida.
An aggressive business approach, combined with our conservative business philosophy, provides you with innovative and competitive products from an insurance agency you can depend on for years to come.
NW 7th Street - 1950-1962
NW 7th Street - 1962 to 1988
SW 77th Avenue - Since 1988
Insurance Without Compromise
As one of the original insurance agencies offering business, home and auto insurance in Miami and surrounding areas, with over 90 years of experience, we know what "personal service" really means. Our staff goes the extra mile for our clients every day, and we search every company possible to get you low home and auto insurance rates and the best business insurance quotes. In short, you get the best of both worlds - concierge level service without extra cost. This is Insurance Without Compromise, so you can get every one of these benefits:
- A real person when you call, no computer voice or options to press
- Direct lines to your service representative for easy communication
- Ability to talk with the same person every time you call
- An agency that makes sure you get every possible premium credit
- A wide variety of insurance companies and coverage options to choose from
- Friendly staff that will take the time to answer all of your questions
- Service representatives that will intervene to get your claim handled
- A local office you can come to for a complete review of your needs
- An office that is entirely generator-backed to be here after a storm
- Licensed representatives highly trained with continuing education
- An insurance agency with state-of-the-art facilities for providing a fast response
We'll Be Here After The Storm
Our clients benefit from an insurance agency that can be open and working immediately after a power loss, from hurricanes or other major storms, to handle your claims. The insurance industry has become dependent on both paperless systems and the internet, which require electricity.
We own our own building, and made the investment in a large backup generator system that powers our entire premises so we can be ready to serve you in the event of power loss from a hurricane.
How Can We Help You Today?
Call FILER INSURANCE First!